Love it! Love it! Love it! Just... love it!
Thumbs up for this wonderful recipe. It is best moist chocolate cake that I have ever bake.
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa (good quality)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup butter milk (or add 225 ml milk to 1 tbsp white vinegar/lemon juice, set aside for 5 minutes)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven at 150 Celsius.
- Beat all ingredients (except the boiling water) at medium high speed for 1 minute.
- Add boiling water, beat mixture until smooth and well incorporated.
- Pour into greased :
- 9" x 13" baking dish, bake for 1 hour.
- (8" x 2") x 2 round dishes, bake for 45 minutes.
- cupcakes, bake for 20-23 minutes.
- or bigger dishes, thinner layer fill at 1/2 full (to avoid spilling, never fill dish more than 2/3 full)
- remove from oven when the skewer comes out clean, otherwise bake for another 5 minutes and check again.
I would always use this frosting whenever I am out of powdered sugar., and I do like the sweet, caramel taste.
Condensed Milk Frosting (optional):
- 57 g unsweetened chocolate bar
- 200 ml sweetened condensed milk (susu pekat)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt (1) with (2) and (3).
- Stir in (4), then (5).