Many Malaysian families have their own cookbook for curry chicken. The amount of each ingredient is adjustable, to personal liking.
This is the Malaysian Chinese curry chicken that we always missed and craved for : )
We like it this way, with lots of coconut milk in it, YUM YUM
- Marinate 1.2 kg chicken pieces with 30g curry powder. Set aside
- Peel and cut 850g potatoes into 3-4cm cubes. High-heat, deep fry for 20 min till slightly brown. Set aside
- Heat up a work with 2 tbsp of oil, add 1/2 onion (thinly sliced), 5 pcs curry leaves, 1 star anise, 1/4 cinnamon stick. High-heat, stir fry till fragrant +/- 4 mins
- Add chicken pieces, stir fry for 2 mins
- Add 650g water, 1 tomato (sliced into wedges), 55g curry powder. Bring to boil, cover and with low-heat simmer for 35 mins
- Add 500ml coconut milk, fried potatoes, 2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar. Bring to boil, cover and simmer another 15 mins, off heat. You may service now, but it will be nicer letting it sit for another 20 mins!