Sunday, September 3, 2017
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Too sweet without the salted egg yolk. Will add it on...next year
Recipe adapted from Wendy http://wendyksc.blogspot.com.au/2008/08/blog-post_8286.html?m=1
Filling (42g x 16pcs):
- 650g Red bean paste
- 400g Sesame seeds (roasted)
- Combine red bean paste and sesame seeds, divide to 16 balls.
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 gm Salted butter (softened)
- 150gm Icing Sugar
- 60gm Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 380gm Plain Flour
- 60gm Custard powder
- Beat butter and sugar till light (3-4 mins).
- Add egg and vanilla extract, beat to mix.
- Add flour and custard powder, beat to incorporate.
- Divide to 16 balls.
- With palm, flatten a piece of dough ball. *place dough in the fridge if it is too sticky to handle
- Place filling in the middle, wrap and shape to dome.
- Place on greased tray.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 180C (170C fan forced) for 20 mins.
Balance dough: Made one with char siew filling.
|Combine red bead paste and sesame seeds, divide to 16 balls.|
|Beat butter and sugar till light (3-4 mins)|
|Add egg and vanilla extract, beat to mix.|
|Add flour and custard powder, beat to incorporate.|
|Divide to 16 balls.|
|With palm, flatten a piece of dough ball. Place filling in the middle, wrap and shape to dome.|
|Place on greased tray.|
|Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame|
|Bake at 180C (170C fan forced) for 20 mins.|