I never thought I'll be making this.
Yum! Satu koOpii O please!
- 175g flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
+/-115g milk or +/-100g water
- 6g vegetable oil
- Combine and mix all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients, mix and knead to form dough.
- Cover, rest for 30 min.
- Knead dough till smooth and elastic.
- Divide dough to 2 portions, roll and flatten to long pieces of 2.5" width x 5mm thick.
- Brush oil on both sides.
- Cover and rest for 4 hours or more (you may place it in the fridge overnight and bring it to room temperature the next day, around 2 hours). It takes time to react and form tiny air bubbles.
- Heat the oil about 2"-3" depth to 200C. This is critical!
- Cut the dough into small strips of 1" x 2.5".
- Place one strip on top of another.
- Place a chopstick or satay stick lengthwise, pressing down the middle combining both strips.
- Gently stretch to double the length, drop it to the hot oil.
- Once it floats, swirl and turn the cruller till evenly brown. Yum!
Recipe adapted from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRc3F6uwR3E&feature=youtu.be
|Step 5: Divide dough to 2 portions.|
|Step 5: Roll and flatten to long pieces of 2.5" width x 5mm thick.|
|Step 9: Cut the dough into small strips of 1" x 2.5".|
|Step 10: Place one strip on top of another.|
|Step 11: Place a chopstick or satay stick lengthwise, pressing down the middle combining both strips.|