I had fun preparing Sat Ke Mah today! Ooo wow, look at it : )
I love this video. Short and clear https://youtu.be/DxdwXasUCc0
- 150g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1g baking powder
- 1g salt
- some tapioca/corn starch for dusting
- Mix and knead to dough. Rest 20 mins.
- Dust roller and dough with tapioca starch.
- Roll dough to think layer (1-2mm).
- Cut to strips of 5cm x 3mm.
- Med high heat, fry for about 10 seconds. (Mine took about 15-20 seconds).
- 90 sugar
- 90 maltose (Used 40g honey, 40g golden syrup and 10g butter)
- 40g water
- Cook all ingredients over med heat till deep golden colour, about 5-8 mins.
- Mix syrup with fritters. (I sprinkled some sesame seeds too)
- Into a baking tin, compress well and cut into serving sizes.
- try 1 egg and 2 egg yolks instead and fry dough strips till slightly brown.
- used 1/3 of 1/8 tsp of baking powder.
- used 1.5 of 1/8 tsp of salt.