Initially I thought to make just one round i.e. the original block sugar flavour. Somehow, I had so much fun preparing these Put Chai Ko... then go the second round with brown sugar and the third with red bean soup (don't try it with red bean soup, that's just for fun! The original block brown sugar is still the best).
...and I though the block sugar and brown sugar Put Chai Ko taste good...and so I thought children will sure like them...
O o! They don't : (
...and they didn't help me to sapu ...
It doesn't matter, at the end of the day, it's still a wonderful day sharing wonderful hours with Red Bean Put Chai Ko : )
Let's look at some photos:
|Boiled, softened red beans|
|Brown block sugar|
|5 tea cups of Put Chai Ko|
|Brown block sugar flavour|
|Brown sugar flavour|
|Brown block sugar, Brown sugar and Red bean soup flavours|
Ingredients (for 5 tea cups):
- (A) 20 g red bean (soaked overnight) + 2 tsp sugar + 1 pinch salt
+400 ml water
- (B) 40 g rice flour + 13 g wheat starch + 55 ml water
- (C) 35 g brown block sugar + 115 ml water
- (D) 1/6 tsp vanilla extract
- *Boil and simmer (A) for 40 minutes or longer. Drain off the soup, set aside.
- Mix (B) to a smooth paste.
- Boil and melt (C), slowly pour and stir to (B), add (D) mix well.
- Bring steamer to boil, together with 5 greased tea cups.
- Pour mixture evenly, add 1 1/2 tsp of red beans to each cup.
- Steam at high heat for 17 minutes.
- Ready when skewer comes out clean.
- Serve after 2 hours.
Recipe from : Red Bean Pudding