Tried scoring method with rind. Marinated with salt and shaoxing wine only.
*The result is NOT as good. Pricking is way better as you may prick many more holes.
This air-frying roast pork is super duper crispy! Yippeeee!! What a success !!!
There are so many recipes out there...REALLY A LOT...which one is the best? Well, if you have the time, put in some effort, read the comments and make some adjustments...THAT'S IT...the newly adapted version is out....adjusted to our liking !! Love it, love every single crunching and crackling sounds every time you bite into it.
- 700g pork belly
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp shaoxing wine
- Optional: 1 tsp five spice, 1tsp sugar, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Clean pork belly.
- Blanch the rind (with rind side down, meat side up) in a pan with 1cm depth of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
- Prick rind with knife edge (the more the better). Pat dry.
- Combine 1 tsp each of salt and shaoxing wine. Add 1 tsp of water if it is too dry with other spices. Rub and marinate on meat (avoiding the rind). Mine is with salt, shaoxing wine, sugar, five spice and soy sauce.
- Spread and rub 1/4 tsp salt over the rind.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Prick and pat dry the rind once again (optional).
- Preheat air fryer.
- Air fry at 160C for 25 minutes.
- Pat dry rind, spread 1 tsp rice vinegar over the rind.
- Increase the temperature to 180C. Air fry for another 30 minutes.
|Blanch the rind|
|Prick rind with knife edge|
|Ouch, ouch! Pricking done...|
|To air fry at 160C for 25 minutes|
|Pat dry and spread 1 tsp rice vinegar over the rind|
|It is super duper hot now! Rest for 10 minutes before serving|
|Time to eat...super duper crispy! Crack, crack and crunch crunch! Hmmm!|