Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Bobo gave birth to 2 kits on 2 February 2013. Welcome Snowy and Dotty!!
Kids having fun with 12 days old Snowy and Dotty
how adorable : )
Perfect amount of recommended ingredients! Thanks mom. This is exactly what I wanted!!! Hmmmm ... yummy!
To my surprise, my two girls love it so much : )
金瓜糕, Steamed Pumpkin Cake
600g pumpkin flesh
- steam cubes of pumpkin with high heat for 10-15 mins
- mash pumpkin while it is still hot (I like to leave some chunky bits in it)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 nos dried shitake mushrooms, soaked and diced
- 3 nos shallots, thinly sliced
- 60g dried shrimps, soaked and coarsely chopped (or 30g dried shrimps + 1 no Chinese sausage)
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of salt
- med-high heat, stir fry shallots with oil for 1 min
- add in dried shrimps and stir fry until fragrant, about 2 mins
- add diced mushrooms, stir fry for another 2-3 mins
- add salt and pepper, stir to mix
- 750ml water (do include water used to soak mushrooms, shrimps and access water from steamed pumpkin)
- 375g rice flour
- 25g wheat/tapioca/corn flour
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- In a wok, add water, flour, sugar and salt. Stir to incorporate.
- With medium-low heat, keep stirring until it turns goo-ey.
- Add mashed pumpkin and fried mushrooms/shallots/dried shrimps.
- Stir until it thickens to a paste
- Pour the paste to tray/pan/bowl, steam for 50 mins (high heat)
- fried shallots
- spring onion
- fried dried shrimp (fry dried shrimp with a pinch of salt if you found the steamed pumpkin cake is not salty enough...adjust to your liking)