I am over joy to realise all of them (the kuih) has gone missing in just seconds!
Due to popular demand, we had it a second go on Saturday afternoon. See how much fun they had:
- 150g all purpose flour (shifted)
- 120g glutinous flour (shifted)
- 75g castor sugar
- 220ml water or 180ml (though it is much easier to handle at 180ml, the texture is slightly better at 220ml)
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 drops red food colouring (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- banana leaf (cut into round shape)
- Mix ingredients 1,2,3,4,5,6 till smooth (no lumps).
- Add in oil, mix well.
- Scoop a table spoon of batter, drop it on the banana leaf.
- Slightly press down, adjusting to round shape
- Set it aside to rise for 30 minutes or more.
- Steam at medium-high heat for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid 2 minutes after turn off the heat.
for slightly better texture, replace 150g all purpose flour with 120g all purpose + 30g rice flour
Replace ingredient (6) for other flavours: