Recipe adapted from Agnes's cookbook. Makes around 10-11 pieces.
This is what I've been craving for...can't wait for another round.
Batter: mix all ingredients below and rest for 3 hours. Stir well before use.
- 170g self raising flour (or 170g plain flour + 2tsp baking powder +1/2tsp salt)
- 100g rice flour
- 30g corn/tapioca starch
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g water
- 130g castor sugar
- 70g butter, diced
- 1 cup crushed roasted peanut
- 110g castor sugar
- 11 Tbsp cream corn
Method (cook with med-heat) :
- When the pan is hot, pour slightly less than 1/3 cup of batter into a 22cm non-stick pan
- Evenly coat to thin layer, cover to set (around 30 seconds)
- Sprinkle 1tsp of sugar evenly then cover till brown (around 3-4 mins)
- Add a few diced butter, 1 1/2 Tbsp of crunched peanut, 1 Tbsp cream corn and 1 tsp of sugar
- Loosen the edges and fold it into half
- Serve hot!
- Do adjust the thickness to your liking. For thinner layer, use less batter. My husband like it thicker, I used 1/2 cup of batter and more sugar for that.
- Serve hot, otherwise place Apam Balik on a wire rack.
|pour slightly less than 1/3 cup of batter into a 22cm non-stick pan|
|Evenly coat to thin layer|
|cover to set (around 30 seconds)|
|Sprinkle 1tsp of sugar evenly|
|then cover till brown (around 3-4 mins)|
|Add a few diced butter|
|1 1/2 Tbsp of crunched peanut|
|1 Tbsp cream corn|
|and 1 tsp of sugar|
|Loosen the edges and fold it into half|