I found this to be the best modified oatmeal cookies so far.
I have replaced the all purpose flour with cake flour for the extra crunchiness!!!
I am going on half portion each round and also bake only half of it ... the balance can be kept fresh in the fridge for 4 days.
Children enjoyed weighing and sifting the flour, cracking egg, beating and mixing all the ingredients....they have had fun and joy assisting me, the chef in command!
The unforgettable and exciting moments always come from the three little angels . They would unexpectedly, giving good comments and praising on the piece of cookie that they are chewing on.... their praises are so sincere and generous.
there and then, I am floating in the air...
Crispy Oatmeal Cookies (half portion)
- 113g salted butter, room temperature (if unsalted butter are preferred, do add on 1/4 tbs salt)
- 100g granulated white sugar
- 70g firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 130g + 1 tbsp superfine cake flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 180g old-fashioned rolled oats
- 180g crisp rice cereal
2. Add in white and brown sugar, beat until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour in egg, vanilla extract, honey, beat until well mixed.
4. Add shifted flour, beat until incorporated.
5. Stir in oats and rice cereal.
6. Using a teaspoon, scoop and shape to your liking.
7. Bake for 10 min in a preheated oven at 178 Celsius.