Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Recipe: 金瓜糕, Steamed Pumpkin Cake
Perfect amount of recommended ingredients! This is exactly what I wanted!!! Hmmmm ... yummy!
To my surprise, my two girls love it so much : )
金瓜糕, Steamed Pumpkin Cake
600g pumpkin flesh
1. steam cubes of pumpkin with high heat for 10 mins
2. mash pumpkin while it is still hot (I like to leave some chunky bits in it)
2 tbsp oil
3 nos dried shitake mushrooms (or more)
3 nos shallots
60g dried shrimps (or 30g dried shrimps + 1 no Chinese sausage)
pinch of pepper
pinch of salt
1. stir fry sliced shallots with oil
2. add in coarsely chopped dried shrimps and stir fry until fragrant
2. add diced mushrooms, stir fry for another 2-3 mins
3. add a pinch of salt and pepper
750ml water (add more if you prefer softer texture)
375g rice flour
25g wheat/tapioca/corn flour
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp salt
1. In a wok, add water, flour, sugar and salt. Stir to incorporate.
2. With medium-low heat, keep stirring until it turns goo-ey.
3. Add mashed pumpkin and fried mushrooms/shallots/dried shrimps.
4. Stir until it thickens to a paste
5. Pour the paste to tray/pan/bowl, steam for 50 mins (high heat)
fried dried shrimp (fry dried shrimp with a pinch of salt if you found the steamed pumpkin cake is not salty enough...adjust to your liking)