I had fun preparing Sat Ke Mah today! Ooo wow, look at it : )
I love this video. Short and clear https://youtu.be/DxdwXasUCc0
Dough, I used:
- 150g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 of 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 of 1/8 tsp salt
- some tapioca/corn starch for dusting
- Mix and knead to dough. Rest 20 mins.
- Dust roller and dough with tapioca starch.
- Roll dough to think layer (1-2mm).
- Cut to strips of 5cm x 3mm.
- Med-high high heat, fry for about 20-30 seconds till slightly brown.
Syrup, I used:
- 80 sugar
- 40g honey, 40g maltose/golden syrup and 10g butter
- 35g water
- Cook all ingredients over med heat till deep golden colour, about 5-8 mins.
- Mix syrup with fritters. (I sprinkled some sesame seeds too)
- Into a baking tin, compress well and cut into serving sizes.
Replicating the texture that we like, I
- Reduced the amount of baking powder.
- Fry the fritters till slightly brown.